Last modified: 12/18/2014
EBSCO Development Company, Inc. (Mt Laurel)
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
Included in this policy are the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us upon visiting our website mtlaurel.com and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this website
- In email, text, and other electronic messages exchanged between you and this website
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this website, which provided dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this website
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy
- Any other sources
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website owned by Mt. Laurel or any third party; or
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or accept personal information provided from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide information to this website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, that information will be deleted. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 205-408-8696.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including:
- Personally identifiable information, such as name, phone number, postal and email address, or any other information we collect that is defined as personal or personally identifiable under an applicable law
- Information about you but does not identify you as an individual
- Information about your internet connection, equipment used for site access, and usage
This information may be collected:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, and may include:
- Information provided by filling out website forms, such as registration, service subscription, posts, request for services, contest entry, and others
- Records and copies of correspondence or methods of contact, such as survey responses, transactions, search queries, and others
- User contributions that are displayed or posted on public areas of the website or transmitted to other website users
- Automatically as you use our site, and may include:
- Data relating to traffic, location, and other resources that you use to access and use our website
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including IP address, operating system, and browser type
- Behavioral information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services
Technologies used for automatic data collection and advertising may include browser cookies, flash cookies, or web beacons. For more information about managing your privacy and security settings, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or information that you provide to us.
- From third parties, including our business partners and Google
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or you provide to us, including personal information, to:
- Present our website and its contents to you and notify you of any changes
- Provide you with requested information, products, or services
- Provide you with notices related to your account or transactions
- Carry out obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection
- Provide interactive features for your participation
- Fulfill any and all other purposes with your consent
We may also use this information to contact you about our own and third party goods or services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or adjust your user account preferences. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may also use this information to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. While we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, clicking on or otherwise interacting with an advertisement may indicate to the advertiser that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties used to support our business
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets
- To third parties contractually bound to obligations of confidentiality and use, to market their products or services if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. (For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, such as an “email a friend” feature
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide information
- With your consent
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including response to government or regulatory requests
- To enforce or apply other agreements
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mt. Laurel, our customers, or others
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide us. To exercise control over your information, we have provided you with the following mechanisms:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can adjust your browser settings to manage cookies. To manage Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. You can opt-out of information sharing by adjusting your account preferences or emailing us requesting that we not share personal information for promotional purposes
- Promotional Offers from Mt. Laurel. If you do not want to receive promotions from us or third parties, you can opt out by adjusting your account preferences or emailing us requesting that we not contact you
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by adjusting your account preferences or email us. You can also adjust your Google Ads Settings.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these parties may provide opt-out options, such as the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
To review and change your personal information, you can visit your account profile page on our website or email us your request. We cannot delete your personal information without deleting your user account. We may not accommodate your request if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your user contributions to the website, copies may remain viewable in cached or archived pages, or copied or stored by other users.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 allows California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To do so, please write us at:
Town of Mt. Laurel
Attn: Customer Service Department
5 Mt Laurel Ave.
Birmingham, AL 35242
To secure your personal information from accidental loss or unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure, all information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
As a user, you are responsible for the use and protection of your password and any information you share in public areas of the website, such as message boards or comment boxes. Any transmission of personal information to our website is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Town of Mt Laurel
Attn: Customer Service Department
5 Mt Laurel Ave.
Birmingham, AL 35242
or via phone:
The following are registered trademark of The Town of Mt Laurel:
THE TOWN OF MT LAUREL®